|Pentax K20D 14.6MP SLR Digital Camera Price Comparison - April 24, 2017|
|Find Deals From..||Price||Store Rating||Details|
|~ Select The Options Above For New Cameras or Below For Camera Auctions ~|
Sample Photo Taken With a Pentax K20D by (Erik).
Basic description of the Pentax K20D Model 19381 …
- 14.6-megapixel resolution
- 2.7-inch LCD display
- Dust proof with water resistant construction
- Comprehensive dust removal system
- Live View function
- Capture images to SD and SDHC cards
- Dimensions: 2.76″ h x 4.00″ w x 5.60″ l
- Weight: 1.76 pounds
The New Pentax K20D Live View function: The Pentax K20D digital camera sports a live view feature to display a potential image on the LCD monitor during shooting. The live view function helps photographers move their eyes away from the viewfinder during low and high angle shooting. Verifying the cameras shake reduction effect is a breeze while shooting thanks to this new feature.
Pentax K20D PRIME Imaging Engine: The K20D incorporates the Pentax Real Image Engine that was designed exclusively for Pentax digital SLR cameras. Faithful color reproduction is achieved by effectively controling the digital signals transmitted by the K20D CMOS image sensor. The K20D imaging engine also includes DDR2 memory for speedy image processing.
Pentax Custom Image function: The K20D sports a new custom image function that selects one of six modes in order to adjust image processing to the photographers preference automatically. Tone, saturation, contrast, and sharpness are all instantly manageable if desired and bright, portrait, landscape, vibrant, and black and white image modes are also available. A radar like display on the LCD panel makes tuning simple and the digital preview option allows photographers to see the effects of their tuning instantly.
Pentax Dust Removal System: The K20D includes a dust removal system to prevent dust from blocking the CMOS image sensor. A super protect coating has been applied to the image sensor surface via vapor deposition. The fluorine compound prevents dust from sticking and when it is shaken off the image sensor it falls onto an adhesive strip located in the bottom of the unit so that it cannot return to the image sensor. This system also features a dust alert function which shows you precicely where dust may be sticking to the sensors surface.
Continuous shooting: The K20D offers a continuous shooting mode that allows the photographer to take up to 38 Jpeg images in succession at a maximum speed of approximately three images (frames) per second. In high speed burst mode the photographer can capture up to 115 images at a speed of approximately 21 images per second. Size is fixed at 1.6 megapixels per image while taking photographs in burst mode.
Improved Rechargeable Batteries: The K20D employs large capacity Lithium ion rechargeable batteries that capture approx 740 photos when fully charged. A new energy saving design resulted in a major improvement over the K10D model.
Extra Features Include…
- PC Sync socket for easy shooting with studio lights
- Remains weather and dust sealed with PC socket cap removed
- 16 segment multi pattern metering
- Center weighted metering for various photographic applications
- A durable shutter unit assures more than 100,000 shutter releases
- Rigid stainless steel chassis
- 36 custom functions for personalized camera operation
- Universal type X sync socket
- Single action image file switching via RAW
- Digital Preview to verify camera settings
- Optional Battery Grip (D-BG2) for extended shooting sessions
- Nine digital filters that add artistic touches with ease
- Compatible with SDM equipped lenses for smooth autofocus operation
- Pentax PHOTO Laboratory 3 and RAW data processing software
- Pentax PHOTO Browser 3, browser software
- Pentax REMOTE Assistant 3 camera control software included on CD-ROM
Overall: The K20D is the successor to the already robust K10D Pentax digital camera and its new features are welcome though not overpowering enough to generate an instant upgrade desire in owners of the previous model. This camera can be considered semi-pro in quality and is available for under $1000.00 US.