Canon + Golf = Canon Open
With big companies come’s big sponsorship. With the income that Canon generates with the number of sale of digital cameras, it’s no surprise that they get involved with sports. Particularly sports that are attractive to people with big budget. Golf and photography seems to be a nice combination.
This golf event was first introduced in 2008 as part of the Japan Golf Tour. The Canon Open is payed in Yokohama at the Totsuka Country Club. For 2008, ¥40,000,000 was going to the winner from a purse of ¥200,000,000
Last year winner was Makoto Inoue with a score of 275 (13 under par)
He will be defending this title in 2009 from October 8 to october11
Here is the top 5 ranking for 2008:
1. Makoto Inoue 40,000,000 70-71-69-65–275 -13
2. Yasuharu Imano 12,800,000 74-70-66-66–276 -12
2. Taichi Teshima 12,800,000 70-69-69-68–276 -12
2. Hiroyuki Fujita 12,800,000 69-69-66-72–276 -12
2. Yusaku Miyazato 12,800,000 71-70-65-70–276 -12
Share your golfing pictures
If you have great pictures related to your golf life share it with us. Don’t forget to include which camera it was taken with and all the interesting details.